My fiancee has been arrested for shoplifting in kentucky

Asked about 1 year ago - Elizabethtown, KY

she was already on probation from a similar incident that took place 2 1/2 yrs ago. I believe both times it was under 300 or $500. What should i expect to happen?

1. Martin Pohl

2

Answered . She needs to contact a criminal defense attorney ASAP. If she is still on probation, the court could try to revoke that which could result in her spending time in jail. Even if she isn't revoked on her probation, the new charges could result in her spending time in jail. She will need a good criminal defense attorney for this.

2. Frank Mascagni III

1

Answered . If she is on misdemeanor probation, it would expire after 2 years following the original imposition of the sentencing/judgment. If under $500.00 it is a misdemeanor, if over $500.00 it is a felony. If a felony, the probation period could be 5 years. She needs a criminal defense lawyer ASAP. She needs a defense to the new charge, and potentially a motion to revoke.
    www.kacdl.net

3. Paul Ritchie Hobbs

Answered . Just to drive the point home, private defense counsel really should be contacted. Many attorneys will offer free consultation over the phone and charge a flat fee or modest retainer to handle her case.