My fiancee and I have applied for the K-1 Fiance Visa. Is she able to come to the US and visit while the application is pending?

Asked over 1 year ago - Phoenix, AZ

My fiancee is Swedish and currently living in Sweden while we wait for the K-1 visa to be approved. Is she allowed to come visit me here in the US for a month or two while the application is pending? Also, is there a special visa she needs to have just to visit?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

19

Answered . Doubtful that she would be allowed to visit since she intends to remain in the U.S. permanently.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. F. J. Capriotti III

6

Answered . She can try to get a tourist visa ..but, it will probably be denied.

She can try to use ESTA ... but CBP is pretty good at catching people that are trying to get around the system.

Yes, I know that she's not trying to get around the system. But, that's what they
    think.

3. David Joseph Trevino

5

Answered . There is no special visa for those awaiting adjudication of the K1. I don't recommend applying for a b1b2 while the k1 is pending. She might get dinged for misrepresentation. Just sit tight and wait for the k1!