My fiance was insulted at a taco bell restaurant by an employee. Is there any legal action that can be taken?

Portland, OR |

We were in Taco bell in Portland, Oregon and my fiancee was ordering for me. the lady behind the counter looked at my fiancee and stated, "oh, we are eating for two" implying my fiancee is pregnant. My Fianceee is plus sized and is not pregnant. this comment offended her so much that she had an emotional break down within a coiuple of minutes of sitting down. She was so upset and embarrassed that she didn't eat, and was crying so hard, we left as soon as possible.

While this situation is unfortunate, these are not the types of wrongs the court system is meant to address. If that answer doesn't satisfy you, my advice would be to take up your complaint regarding the treatment of your fiance with the manager of the Taco Bell location in question or with Taco Bell's corporate offices. In all likelihood, all you will get out of the whole affair is some free food and an apology but if it's sincere maybe that is enough to take a bit of the sting away for your fiancee.

For informational purposes only and not to be relied upon as legal advice or for the formation of an attorney-client relationship.

No.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: jay@northwestlawoffice.com | Online: www.northwestlawoffice.com

Erin Levine

Erin Levine

People are jerks. Don't go back.

No. Hurt feelings aren't enough to bring a claim.

Many women, myself included, have made this mistake. You think you are complimenting the new mother to be and will share her joy and you end up realizing you hurt her feelings. No we are not allowed to sue each other for every minor inconvenience in life. The world would come to a screeching halt if that was allowed. Remember, even when you have something that you can sue for, what you get awarded in damages may often depend on what type of impression you make to a judge or jury. The world doesn't like whiners and doesn't reward them.

The comments by this author to questions posted on Avvo are designed to foster a general understanding of what might be the law governing the area of the legal problem stated and suggest what might be the approach to finding a legal solution. Under no circumstances is this author acting as the attorney for the party who posted the question or as the attorney for subsequent readers to the question or response and no attorney client relationship is being formed. This attorney's comments are not intended to be a substitute for getting legal advice from a licensed attorney. A reader of this author's comments should never act on the information provided in these comments as though these comments were legal advice and should always seek legal advice in a personal consultation with an attorney in their jurisdiction before taking action. The information provided here is not intended to cover every situation with similar facts. Please remember that the law varies between states and other countries and is always changing through actions of the courts and the Legislature.