MY FIANCE WAS DEPORTED WITH A MISDEMEANOR, WHAT CAN I DO TO BRING HIM BACK TO THE USA LEGALLY?

Asked about 1 year ago - Denver, CO

IT IS HIS 2ND DEPORTATION.

1. Laura L Lichter

6

Best Answer

Answered . The short answer is that you may not be able to bring him back, at all--or at least not for a couple of decades. One deportation is a problem; a second deportation, especially after an illegal reentry is a crime and for most people would mean a bar to reentering legally.

There are some very, very, very limited exceptions--and those depend on what actually happened in your fiance's deportation, what his criminal and immigration history show, etc... An immigration lawyer focusing on removal defense may be able to give you an answer in a consultation, or may need to request copies of criminal records and immigration files before being able to tell you what your options might be. Be prepared to find out that those may be very limited, very expensive or plain nonexistent.

2. Christian Schmidt

4

Answered . I agree with attorney Lichter. If he came back unlawfully after being previously deported, he is permanently barred from receiving a visa and must remain outside the US for 10 years before he is eligible for a waiver.

3. C. C. Abbott

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. He needs to collect all of his immigration and criminal history and consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can provide a legal opinion based on the facts of his case. There is never a simple yes or no to any immigration question involving criminal law and resulting deportations. Good luck.