Skip to main content

My fiance is presently filing in for divorce base on incompatibility february. he wants to petition fiance visa for me in april.

Tulsa, OK |

we have been childhood friend before he left and got marry. he came in 2011 while still marry. we do not have no definite pic in america. can u advice

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I understand that your fiance is married to someone else, but he is divorcing that person. He went to see you. Where did he go see you? The short answer is that he can petition for you after he gets divorced. But more information is necessary to be able to help you.


Your question is a little unclear. Are you saying your "fiancé" is married to someone else? Please clarify. Also, if this is the case, you definitely need to consult an experienced immigration attorney.

Also, you may want to see one who has a background in family law because in some states a relationship such as this creates other unintended legal issues. Good luck to you both.



My Fiance is in Liberia. I want to file a petition for her. We have know each other for 20 years. But I am going thru divorce with my present wife due to incompatibility and this will be finalize 2nd week in february. I want to file the petition in April. Will it be a problem. I am from tulsa, Oklahoma


Your statement is confusing. In what country are you living at this time?

If the man in your life obtains a divorce, then he would be able to file a petition for a fiancee visa for you.

I strongly suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney about your case. It sounds like you probably need an attorney to help you to make the best applications possible.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer