My fiance is presently filing in for divorce base on incompatibility february. he wants to petition fiance visa for me in april.

Asked over 1 year ago - Tulsa, OK

we have been childhood friend before he left and got marry. he came in 2011 while still marry. we do not have no definite pic in america. can u advice

1. Carlos E Sandoval

1

Best Answer

Answered . I understand that your fiance is married to someone else, but he is divorcing that person. He went to see you. Where did he go see you? The short answer is that he can petition for you after he gets divorced. But more information is necessary to be able to help you.

2. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

1

1

Answered . Your question is a little unclear. Are you saying your "fiancé" is married to someone else? Please clarify. Also, if this is the case, you definitely need to consult an experienced immigration attorney.

Also, you may want to see one who has a background in family law because in some states a relationship such as this creates other unintended legal issues. Good luck to you both.

3. Michael Hugh Carlin

1

Answered . Your statement is confusing. In what country are you living at this time?

If the man in your life obtains a divorce, then he would be able to file a petition for a fiancee visa for you.

I strongly suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney about your case. It sounds like you probably need an attorney to help you to make the best applications possible.