My fiance is in jail and has schizophrenia, manic depresson, and other mental disorders they will not allow anyone to visit him.

my finace has manic depression, schizophrenia, and a couple of other mental disorders, since septemper 2012 he has been 302ed by the state police for manic episodes about 4 times and during the episode he has been charged with some legal activities due to his manic episode, he has been since charged with criminal acts and placed on probation, and placed into a day program. he had seemed to come out of the manic episode, the day program had placed him on medications that seemed to cause a lot of problems and havent been sitting well with him and I had brought it up to them because i did not want his recovery to be jeprodized, I faced alot of critisim for bringing this up to his case worker he was assigned. about two weeks ago still on the medication, he had been sleeping for 2 days straight and i tried to wake him up he would not respond well and it was my beliefe it was from the medication, he had recieved a similar medication that caused the same activity before from him so i had called the ambulance, to make a long story short, his probation officer sent someone out to pick him up, i was told by his probabtion officer that he was being placed in the county prison to be checked over to make sure he was ok and that he would be helped since they he has these mental illnesses, its now more than two weeks later and the prison will not allow me to visit him and will not answer any of my questions. I am scared for his life the only thing at the prison they told me was that he has lost visitation rights, this is in Pennsylvania he also has a court hearing this tuesday and when i asked if his public defender would be present i was told by is probation officer he would not need one. i believe something is up big time and something is just not right PLEASE HELP US!

Lykens, PA -

Attorney Answers (2)

Christopher Edward Ezold

Christopher Edward Ezold

Health Care Lawyer - Bala Cynwyd, PA

Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, Delaware, New Jersey or Federal law apply, unless otherwise specified.

That being said, without knowing the charges or claims against him, if any, it is hard to evaluate his situation. You should see a local and experienced criminal defense attorney ASAP - being held apparently without charge, and having a hearing in which law enforcement states he doesn't need an attorney sounds fishy to me - but I do not practice criminal law. You need to get an attorney for him fast.

/Christopher E. Ezold/
The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
One Belmont Avenue,
Suite 501
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
(610) 660-5585

I am an attorney licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and the States of Delaware and New Jersey. My... more
Robert C. Keller

Robert C. Keller

Criminal Defense Attorney - Havertown, PA

The best thing you can do for your fiancé is to retain an experienced criminal defense attorney for him. If a private attorney cannot be retained then contact the public defenders office. Good luck.

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.