Skip to main content

My Fiance is being held against his will at mental facility

Belleview, FL |
Filed under: Divorce

This is urgent. My fiance signed himself in voluntarily to The Vines in Ocala and he requested to be released and he only then saw a physician and they are denying him to leave. He never saw a physician to give informed consent. His 24 hours is up at 5pm today. I need urgent help and advice! Please call me 352-.347-4686.
According to the Baker Act Law, "A patient should generally not be made involuntary under such circumstances for simply exercising his/her right to request discharge. There should be a documented change in condition that would warrant this change in legal status."
He never even saw a physican to begin with! It also says the consent must be performed by a physician only and The Vines is claiming this is not true.
Please help!

Attorney Answers 1

  1. Chapter 394 of the Florida Statutes governs. (As you already know). I will be happy to help you.

    My answer to your question is for general purposes only, and we do not have an attorney-client relationship.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics