MY FIANCE HAS BEEN RECENTLY INCARCERATED, HE HAS A DETAINER ON HIM, WHICH IS A HOLD, WE DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS FOR, IT SAYS...

Orlando, FL |

Below his inmate information it has a section for any detainers. The detainer information only provides the date, place, & type of detainer but it is all in code. It looks like this:

Detainers: Agency Type
07/13/12 093 ORL MDTN NTFY/P&P

It says to contact the detaining agency to find out further information. I have no idea who the agency is & how to contact them. I already have called the prison, his classification officer does not know, the courthouse wont tell me anything, they have no idea, I have called the county jails, noone seems to know!!!

******NOTE********: This has nothing to do with immigration, or divorce or any of those areas. This is a CRIMINAL assault with a weapon matter. There is a detainer placed on the inmate who is in DOC custody, not county. I really need help as with the detainer the inmate cannot succeed to a lowered custody level, which when ones custody level is reduced, they can goto work release, & my inmates "review" with his C.O is coming up. He is a Medium custody & needs to be placed at minimum.

I am not a FL attorney, but based on experience suspect the detainer acronym stands for: ‘ORL MDTN likely means 'Orlando Midtown'; NTFY P&P likely means 'Notify Parole and Probation'.

See attached link scroll to bottom of the page: http://www.dc.state.fl.us/facilities/comcor/09.html

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

2. You need to meet with an immigration attorney if your fiance is a non-citizen as this may be immigration related.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.

Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
    Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
    www.EstrellaLawyer.com

The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20 minute consultation! THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C. “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE” -- Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq. Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut The Estrella Law Firm, P.C. 75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170 Inside The Bulova Corporate Center Jackson Heights, NY 11370 T. (347) 628-2391 F. (718) 672-4728 E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com www.EstrellaLawyer.com

3. If your fiances is Not a US Citizens, you need to retain an experienced immigration attorney right away who will review this matter closely and advise you of the options available.

The answers offered here are purely informational and do not create an attorney-client relationship. For more detailed information or to schedule a consultation please contact our office at (718) 924-2896.

4. Why are you making all these phone calls?

You should only make one call to his lawyer.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

5. If it's not immigration, it sounds like he has a hold on him for a separate criminal case, but I can't be sure without searching the clerks websites and potentially viewing the court file. If it has to do with a different criminal episode, a criminal defense attorney may be able to help.

6. The legend seems to be an agency number in Orlando and to notify possibly probation upon release. The jail and or DOC should be able to decipher the code or, as one of my colleagues pointed out, we could search the various clerk's databases for his name. Regardless, it should not impact his change in security status, just his release.

Civil rights topics