My fiance has been accused of domestic violence against me which is not true. I have been unable to get it rescinded or quashed

Asked almost 2 years ago - Olympia, WA

An overzealous police officer mistakenly filed charges. It has resulted in the early death of my mother and devastating effects on me because I am disabled and need his help physically and financially.

1. Jonathan Dichter

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . Dave is completely correct. Your husband needs skilled domestic violence representation immediately. You, as an alleged victim ALSO should have representation.

2. Dave Hawkins

Pro

4

1

Answered . Is is unlikely that you will be successful without hiring counsel for yourself and your fiance -- you are just a Witness and it is the state of Washington that is going after your fiance'. The State has no obligation to acceded to your requests -- please hire private counsel.

3. Peter Jaret Abbarno

Pro

3

1

Answered . I agree with the previous answers. The state has no obligation to stop prosecuting a DV. However, the State will likely want you as a witness and you may choose to not asssite the state in its prosecution. Much will depend on the sufficiency of the police reports, which may have enough evidence to prosecute without your testimony.
    You should consult with an attorney do discuss your options.