My fiance has been accused of domestic violence against me which is not true. I have been unable to get it rescinded or quashed

Olympia, WA |
Filed under: Domestic violence

An overzealous police officer mistakenly filed charges. It has resulted in the early death of my mother and devastating effects on me because I am disabled and need his help physically and financially.

Dave is completely correct. Your husband needs skilled domestic violence representation immediately. You, as an alleged victim ALSO should have representation.

Every case is different, and this is not intended to be anything other than helpful information. This in no way creates an attorney-client relationship between us. If you'd like to speak further about this answer, feel free to call me for your FREE CONSULTATION at 425-424-9401.

Is is unlikely that you will be successful without hiring counsel for yourself and your fiance -- you are just a Witness and it is the state of Washington that is going after your fiance'. The State has no obligation to acceded to your requests -- please hire private counsel.

The information is for general information purposes only. Nothing stated above should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation.

I agree with the previous answers. The state has no obligation to stop prosecuting a DV. However, the State will likely want you as a witness and you may choose to not asssite the state in its prosecution. Much will depend on the sufficiency of the police reports, which may have enough evidence to prosecute without your testimony.
You should consult with an attorney do discuss your options.

Peter J. Abbarno practices in the State of Washington; primarily in Thurston, Lewis, and Cowlitz counties. The response is limited to his understanding of law in the jurisdiction in which he practices and not to any other jurisdiction. No response to any posted inquiry shall constitute legal advice, nor the existence of an attorney/client relationship. www.centralialaw.com