Skip to main content

My fiance and i want to get married by court how can i get him papers

La Habra, CA |
Filed under: Immigration

Im 18 and he is 20 we really want him to get papaer so he will be able to go to school and get a stable.job

Attorney Answers 3


I will re tag this question for the immigration experts.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


If you are a ISC you can sponsor him after marrying. Depending on how he got into the US, he will need a waiver that is neither simple nor easy to get approved.

Consult in private with an immigration lawyer in your area.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


More information is needed. However, if he came to the U.S. with inspection, you can apply for a visa and adjustment of status after your marriage. If he entered without inspection, additional information is needed to determine his options. Consult with an experienced Immigration Attorney for assistance.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics