My fiance(20 years old) is on INS hold for two DUIs and a non aggravated felony. Can he be bailed out?

Modesto, CA |

He has been here since 2002.
Went to school here.
Came with permission, never went back.
Works.
Pays taxes.
My soul source of income.

1. With an INS hold, he won't be released. Get an immigration lawyer to see if you can get the hold lifted; if the hold gets lifted, then bail can be posted. Good luck

2. It sounds like he will be referred to USICE for removal proceedings. Consult with an immigration attorney to determine whether he has a chance for release on bond from USICE and any defense to removal proceedings.

Please note that this posting does not constitute legal advice or create any attorney-client relationship with the inquirer. Avvo is a useful forum to obtain general information on legal issues, but is not a substitute for direct, confidential consultation with an attorney in any legal matter.

3. Unfortunately with an INS hold there is not a chance to bail out. My suggestion is you contact a local attorney to discuss your options.

4. Mr. Meiser and Mr. Hanlon are correct. Normally, no bail is possible on such a case, however, with the help of a good immigration attorney, sometimes a release can be worked out. Good luck.

5. With an INS hold he will not be able to bail out. Get a good immigration attorney!

ANDREW ROBERTS CRIMINAL AND TRAFFIC TICKET DEFENSE ATTORNEY

6. No. Not with an ICE hold. He needs an immigration attorney and a criminal defense attorney pronto.

The response above is not intended as legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. Legal questions can only be fully answered through consultation with an attorney to whom you give full and accurate details. Anything you post here is not confidential and is not protected by the attorney-client relationship. It is highly recommended that you seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting.