Skip to main content

My fiance' and I filed fr a K-1 visa and was denied because of the Adam Walsh Law. Is there any other way that I can bring her

Cadillac, MI |

We wish to be married here in the states and live here. Is there any way she can come here legally and marry here?

Attorney Answers 3


A lawyer would be helpful in reviewing the criminal record to determine if in fact the USCIS properly applied the law, and, if so, an attorney could guide you through the waiver process:

A waiver under this provision is in the “sole and unreviewable discretion” of the Department of Homeland Security upon a determination that the “petitioner poses no risk to the beneficiary.”

Mark as helpful


You need to get a waiver. Give me a call for a free consultation.
Nick Misiti
Misiti Global
716 830 7960

Mark as helpful


She'll need a waiver, and, assuming she's granted a visa by the embassy/consulate, she'll need to get married within 90 days of her entry into the United States. The waiver will have to be based on an extreme and unusual hardship (presumably to you). Call me if you want to discuss this in more detail.

Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics