My fiancé and I took some private photos with NO intention of ANYONE else seeing them. My fiancé daughter wants to post them!!

Asked 12 months ago - Iowa City, IA

My fiancé lent his laptop to his 18 year old daughter and thought he had erased all photos. Apparently his daughter found them and threatened to post them as well as send them to family and friends via email or text. What can I do????

1. Erik S. Fisk

1

Answered . Anything you can do now (i.e., before dissemination of the photos) is far easier, cheaper, and more effective than anything you can do after the fact. Most of the legal remedies are going to be very time consuming and VERY expensive.

2. Thomas O. Moens

1

Answered . Her father needs to have a serious discussion with her. Is she demanding something--money, a car, etc.-- in exchange for not posting the photographs. If so, it might be pointed out to her that extortion is a very serious crime.

3. Andrew Mark Jaffe

Pro

1

Answered . Blending familes is hard. This is a situation where your fiance needs to control his child. If he cannot, you mightre- consider if he is ready to enter into marriage with you.