My federal agency refuses to accept my doctors excuse for not doing a vocational program that uses voice activated software

Asked over 1 year ago - Longview, WA

that is causing my voice to be hoarse, and causing my cough to increase they are going to take away my benefits in 15 days if I refuse to continue. they feel it is not interfering, and that she did not put specifics other than medical reasons I am in treatment for the hoarseness and coughing, when I asked what they wanted because it was as straight forward at best. I have COPD which is hard to talk for 2 hours dictating letters and that is what I told my doctor and she gave this note to give my employer.

1. Margaret Mitchell

Answered . It is difficult to answer this question because I do not know the operative facts. If you have a medical condition that prevents you from being able to participate in the benefits of a federal program or fulfill nonessential functions of your employment you are entitled to receive reasonable accommodations related to your disability so that you may participate in the federal program or perform the essential conditions of employment.
    But there are simply not enough facts here to understand what accommodation you need.