My father was arrest in 94 for drugs, he was here legally as a resident, he was deported in 98, is there any way to fix his lega

Asked over 2 years ago - Las Vegas, NV

He was arrested and sentence for 1 kg of cocaine in 94 for 4 yrs then deported in 98. He was here legally. I want to know if there is any chance he can come back if i petition for him or can he try to get a turist visa in mexico to come here? He has not tried to come back sunce he was deported in 98 ? Thanks

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

Answered . You need to have an experienced immigration attorney review the record of conviction as well as any other conviction records that your father may have.

Please see

2. Peter Lunt Ashman

2

Answered . It sounds to me like your father was removed for committing an aggravated felony (trafficking). After 1997, when you are deported for an agfel you are permanently inadmissible. However, it would be worth the price of a consultation with a specialist to have a thorough review of your dads case. I'm sorry!

3. Eduardo F Justo De Pomar

1

Answered . The year might be of help, as well as if the case was during the overlap of rules. Go to an attorney with all the information and ask.

4. Khaja M. Din

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

-Khaja Din