My father remarried and had a son with the new wife. He has me and my two younger sisters(we are adults now)by my Mom(his first

Asked 8 months ago - Anacoco, LA

marriage). He says he isn't and does not have to leave us three girls from his first marriage anything. He is leaving everything to his new little son. Is this true and how can he get away with this. It doesn't seem fair to us. We live in Louisiana. Please explain if this is true or not?

1. Craig Bernard Mitchell

4

Answered . He is correct - he doesn't have to leave anything to his adult children if he doesn't want to.

2. Veleka Eskinde

Best Answer

Answered . He has to provide for his minor child or a child who has special needs. As for you adult children, your father can dispose of his property as he sees fit.