My father passed away while waiting for a settlement, is there a way to look up this settlement and take action on it now?

My father injured himself on a job and fought for a settlement for multiple years. He finally won and shortly later passed away before receiving payment. My grandparents spoke to a lawyer who told them he was not alive long enough to receive the settlement, so nobody will receive payment. Is this right? Is there a way to look up the settlement and take action?

Cambria, CA -

Adrienne Patricia Allen

Adrienne Patricia Allen

Personal Injury Lawyer - Grass Valley, CA

I agree that you should immediately seek the advice of a worker's compensation attorney. Good luck.

Steven Mark Sweat

Steven Mark Sweat

Employment / Labor Attorney - Beverly Hills, CA

You need to consult with a workers compensation attorney. There may be a way to get the settlement proceeds for his survivors.

Timothy Leo Bowden

Timothy Leo Bowden

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Goodlettsville, TN

A personal injury claim survives a persons death. And if the claim was already settled then the monies should go to the estate. If the claim wasn't already settled then you could pursue a claim for the pi claim for the estate. Contact a local attorney.

Tim

John M Connell

John M Connell

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Englewood, CO

If the claim had gotten to the point of MMI and there was an impairment rating given in some states there would be money owed for that even if the person passes away. Please talk to a calif WC atty

George Ellis Corson IV

George Ellis Corson IV

Workers' Compensation Lawyer - Orange, CA

Email me. I don't know if you know enough to let me help you, but I will try. I will need his Name, Zip Code, the date of death, and the date of his alleged settlement. I think I can sort it out with that.

Constantine D. Buzunis

Constantine D. Buzunis

Litigation Lawyer - San Diego, CA

I agree with the other attorneys responses.

Robert Bruce Kopelson

Robert Bruce Kopelson

Personal Injury Lawyer - San Jose, CA

Talk to the atty who was representing your father in the work comp claim. He has every incentive to try to collect so he can get paid.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Personal Injury Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

Luckily, Corson has offered to help. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
Robert Andrew Michael Burns

Robert Andrew Michael Burns

Family Law Attorney - San Diego, CA

Let's find out what the terms of the settlement. You should have documentation of the identity of the insurance carrier and adjuster, the employer, and any workers compensation case. You might need help doing this.