My father passed away from Lung cancer - delayed diagnosis

Asked over 1 year ago - Mequon, WI

My father passed away from Lung Cancer. It was diagnosed by an ER doctor when it was stage 4 - it had spread everywhere, including the brain. My father had been going to the same doctor for 25 or more years. He had a blood clot in his lung the previous year and had 2 CT scans. Since he was a smoker that had quit 20 years ago.. his lungs were scarred and the radiologist noted "something" in his lung.. but did not mark it suspicious. M dad continued all year to complain to his regular doctor of dizziness, shortness of breath and hoarse voice .. and no further tests for ordered. He went home with pain pills, anxiety pills and sleeping pills. I urged my dad to seek a new doctor... but, he trusted his primary. His delayed diagnosis of stage 4 lung cancer led to his death with in a month.

Pro

7

Answered . I'm sorry for your loss. A local malpractice lawyer would need to order his medical records, and send them to an expert to evaluate.

2. Antonios Kalogerakos

3

Answered . I agree with Christian. In addition, I would want to get all his records, including his priors, death certificate, and autopsy report (if any)....

3. Jason Todd Studinski

1

Answered . I'm sorry for your loss. Consult a medical malpractice lawyer in your area. Attorney Mike End practices in Milwaukee and is a very good medical malpractice lawyer. Consider contacting him. If he is unable to help you, he may know someone who can. All my best.

4. Todd Nathan Hendrickson

Pro

2

Answered . Definitely have those CTs reviewed. If lung cancer was present they should have been diagnostic. Use Avvo to find a local attorney experienced in med mal, particularly cancer.