My father passed away and his attorney will not take my calls to see the will. What do I do?

Asked 9 months ago - North Hollywood, CA

My dad had property and cash in Ca. My sister is executor and only looking out for her own best interests.

1. Christine James

Pro

1

Answered . It sounds like you might want to get your own attorney to protect your interests. If you do not want to take that step just yet, you can file a Request for Special Notice in the probate. If a probate has not been opened, you will definitely want to speak with an attorney. Most give free consultations so you have nothing to lose.

2. Laura Elizabeth Widdis

1

Answered . I agree with Christine and also suggest you take a look at all the documents in the court file. A copy of the will should be in the file. In Los Angeles County, you can view court files at the courthouse. Some other counties in California let you view filed documents through their website.

3. Gregory Paul Benton

1

Answered . Get your own attorney to help you with your rights to receive notices, a copy of the will and an inventory of the estate.