My father is a con- signer on my car, if I move out does he have the right to keep it? Can he be removed off as co-signer?

Ponca City, OK |

My father said that i can move out, but if i do the car stays. I pay for all the payments and am ready to move out, but not wanting to give my vehicle up.

They said when they do take my truck because i move out that I will still be paying for car payments and insurance. I am nineteen years old and wanting to know what my rights are and how I can keep my car knowing that he is a co signer.

Your father signed as co-signer to secure and guaranty the loan so he cannot be removed as co signer. So long as you make all of the paymetns for gas, repairs, insurance, etc., your father's decsion appears unreasonable. There may be reasons for his decision that we do not know about and they may be valid. But, you are an adult and should be free to move if you can afford to do so. Make a budget - what you earn; what you will be spending if you move out. Then, show it to your father and ask him to reconsider if your budget balances. Good luck. We all have to have co signers at some point in time when we're young. When you establish your own credit, things will get better.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt