My father is 85 and for 15 yrs living with his lady friend. After coming home he's found he's been evicted without warning.

Asked about 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

My dad has had a loving 15 years with his lady friend. In the past 5 yrs she has become blind and deaf. All the time my dad has taken care of her and loved her. Her health has worsened further and she has little time left. She now has full time caretakers helping out. Her daughter does not get along with my dad and is now the power of attorney. He has been paying for rent monthly and the daughter cashes each check. He recently took a short trip out of town to visit family and we were just informed 5 days before he was to return that the locks were changed on his home and he is no longer allowed to return. The daughter will not allow his to even say goodbye to is love of the past 15 yrs.
What are his rights? We making arrangements to get his belongings out.

Pro

5

Answered . More info is needed to evaluate, such as whether he was on the lease, etc. Have a local landlord/tenant lawyer investigate

2. David Ian Schoen

Pro

1

Answered . Consult with a landlord/tenant attorney.

3. David J. McCormick

Answered . A consultation with a landlord/tenant lawyer is your best option.