My father is 85 and for 15 yrs living with his lady friend. After coming home he's found he's been evicted without warning.

Asked about 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

My dad has had a loving 15 years with his lady friend. In the past 5 yrs she has become blind and deaf. All the time my dad has taken care of her and loved her. Her health has worsened further and she has little time left. She now has full time caretakers helping out. Her daughter does not get along with my dad and is now the power of attorney. He has been paying for rent monthly and the daughter cashes each check. He recently took a short trip out of town to visit family and we were just informed 5 days before he was to return that the locks were changed on his home and he is no longer allowed to return. The daughter will not allow his to even say goodbye to is love of the past 15 yrs.
What are his rights? We making arrangements to get his belongings out.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Christian K. Lassen II


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . More info is needed to evaluate, such as whether he was on the lease, etc. Have a local landlord/tenant lawyer investigate

  2. David Ian Schoen


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Consult with a landlord/tenant attorney.

  3. David J. McCormick

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . A consultation with a landlord/tenant lawyer is your best option.

    Good luck.

    DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,058 answers this week

2,904 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,058 answers this week

2,904 attorneys answering