Skip to main content

My father has green card immigration status. 2 years back he was charged with scheme to defraud 1st degree pl 190.65 1b ef

San Antonio, TX |
Filed under: Immigration Green cards

conditional discharge = 3 years
community service = 50 days
the amount involved in fraud was around $1500 or less.
he did completed the community service. probation will be completed in year so. Does he gets into trouble if he tries to visit foreign country?
I did checked on immigration website, this felony is not classified as aggravated felony. Still i want to double check to avoid trouble.

Attorney Answers 3


Father must NOT leave the country. For if he does he will be found inadmissible upon request for re-admission.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


This is too important to do online. Have your father schedule a legal consultation with an experienced immigration attorney and show him/her the record of conviction.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

14 lawyers agree


Not an aggravated felony it seems

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

5 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics