Skip to main content

My father deeded his property to me and my siblings when he was dying. How do I remove my name only from the deed

Tuttle, OK |

This house is in Wichita Falls, Texas. There are six siblings names on the deed. One has died. One moved into the house and destroyed the house and then abandoned it. The city came in demolished the buildings a couple of years ago. I thought the city took possession of the land for the demolition cost. Recently I got a letter from the city for fines for the grass being too tall. I live in Oklahoma and have nothing to do with this land. The sibling that lived in and abandoned the house still lives in the area, but they are threatening to put out a warrant on me if I do not pay the fines. I am retired and on a limited income. How can I take my name off this property and leave it to the sibling who lived in the house.

Attorney Answers 1


You will deed your undivided interest to that sibling. However, if the sibling does not want your portion, the conveyance can be rejected. Do not use a Quit Claim Deed in Texas.

Mark as helpful

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics