My father applyed for his n my papers in 91, he became a citizen in 2002 i dont know wat became of mine i was a miner at the tim

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

wat happins now that im of age n hes passed away?

1. Lynne Rogers Feldman

1

Answered . I would need to have more information to answer this. Who was the Petitioner? You may be eligible for 204(l).

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108
    phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
    email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

2. Jose Antonio Moreno

2

Answered . Reach out to an immigration attorney as we need more info to give you an adequate answer.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Not enough information to answer the question.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Answered . Consult with an immigration attorney to go over the specifics of your case.

5. Kevin Michael Crabtree

Answered . If he filed in 1991, then it would have been long enough ago for you to immigrate based on that. Did you every marry? A marriage would terminate the petition from your father, unfortunately. Your father's death would not impact your eligibility as long as you were living in the US at the time of his death and until now, under a recent change in law that my colleague referenced (section 204(l)).

Try to get a copy of the I-130 approval notice showing his and your name and the priority date. Letters from the Department of State would be helpful too. If you do not have them it is possible to do a FOIA request in your nad your father's name to try to locate the records.