My father and I owned a house in Maryland. He died and his name is on the deed. Can house be sold?

Asked over 1 year ago - Salisbury, MD

Wife left the area and I do not know where she is. His estate was never probated. I am the only child.

1. George E Meng

8

Answered . It depends upon whether you owned the house as a joint tenant with your father or as a tenant in common. You tell that from the deed. If it was a joint tenancy, then upon your father's death you became the full owner. If it was a tenancy in common, your father's share must be probated. If you call, I will look up the deed and tell you which it is.

2. Thomas C Valkenet

Pro

4

Answered . Attorney Meng can help you with this.

3. Joseph Michael Pankowski Jr

2

Answered . Attorney Meng is correct. If I were you, I would take him up on his kind offer. Good luck to you.