My Family are Iraqi Refugees in Turky. I need any advice to expedite their resettlement processing to the US

Asked almost 2 years ago - El Cajon, CA

I arrived to the US as a refugee 3 months ago while my mother and my brother fled Iraq to Syria and shocked by the same bad security situation in Syria then they fled syria to Turky and registered with UNHCR in Turky 2 years ago and till now they are interviewed only the first interview with UNHCR and do not get the resettlement process and whenever they ask why, they are told that all the resettlement processing of the Iraqis fled from syria to Turky are taking much more time .. I need any advice How can I help my family now? can I file I-730? where should I go?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

2. Otis Carl Landerholm

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague, I recommend you meet with an immigration attorney to see how best to move forward.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . Yes, unfortunately, it is taking a long time.

There is very little you can do.

But, meeting with an attorney won't hurt.

Meet with an attorney before filing papers.