My family and I have been being harrassed by a local police officer? What do I need to do?

Asked 12 months ago - Buffalo, IL

The black cop in a very small community in buffalo il. He has been harassing and wrongfully pulling my family and I over for a few months now. Supposedly he was written up for not following police procedures by cheif. But a recent pull over revealed he wasn't when he told us he was just supposed to make it official harrassment and not to give us any breaks. I have no criminal record nor have ever been in trouble. Was told by cop I'm being watched for some apparent reason. He just pulled over pregnant fiancé on a little 4 wheeler that might run 10 mph. And was issued a wreck less driving ticket and threatend by cop approaching w clinched fists saying I know ur a Rogers and that's why I'm stopping u. I was also threatend by cop when he pulled me over for no reason. And lots more.

1. Judy A. Goldstein

1

Answered . There has to be more to this than you have stated. Do not discuss this any more in a public forum. Instead, go speak to a civil rights attorney immediately. You can find qualified lawyers by clicking on the Find a Lawyer tab at the top of this page of contacting your local bar association for referrals.

2. Louis Joseph Meyer

Pro

Answered . You need to consult with an attorney that specializes in civil rights cases. You may have a false arrest, unreasonable seizure, equal protection class-of-one case, against this office. Make sure to keep track of the stops (dates, time, location, etc). You might also want to file a citizens complaint against him at the police department.

3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

1

Answered . The short answer is 'see a lawyer' and discuss all the details.

Nothing you posted indicates harassment is happening.