My family and i got hit by a car that had only the insurance that the law required ,how much money will i get?

Fresno, CA |

The Insurance is only willing to give us 30,000 for the 5 of us.Could we get more money?

Contact and consult with a personal injury attorney. The attorney will be able to review all of the insurance issues and any assets available.

You should hire a local injury lawyer. The lawyer can examine all applicable insurance policies including your own in order to determine what coverage is available. Do not take the insurance company's word on this. The lawyer can also evaluate your damages in light of the available coverage to accurately analyze the value of each claim.

An attorney-client relationship is NOT created through the use of this website or by answering this particular post. Each claim is different and must be judged on its own merits. The response herein does not constitute legal advice. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Questions may not include significant and important facts that could significantly change the reply. Mr. Price is licensed in MO only and strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in his or her particular state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This business no different than any other; you get what you pay for. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

The big question is whether your family has a policy of Uninsured Motorist coverage that exceeds $30,000. If so, it converts to "Underinsured" motorist coverage and you may have additional funds available to you!

Good luck!

It sounds like they have the minimum policy under California law, which provides for no more than $15,000 per person injured and no more than $30,000 total per accident. However, I agree with my colleagues that you should consult with an attorney to make sure that is truly their limit, and to look at all other possible sources of compensation, including your own insurance policy and the assets of the defendant.

Since you already have an offer for $30,000, I would suggest you demand an agreement with any attorney you hire that no fee will be taken on that $30,000. Obviously you don't need a lawyer to get that amount. They should earn a fee only on amounts they get above that level.

The minimum automobile liability insurance in California is $15,000 per injured person, with a maximum of $30,000 per incident (commonly called a "15/30 policy"). If that's what the other side has, then that's all the insurance that's available. You can look to see if your policy has an underinsured policy in excess of $30,000. If so, they would cover more of your claim (depending on how much coverage you have). If your accident is severe enough, you may want to speak to a local attorney to see if there's more that can be done.

This response is based on limited information. It is not meant as and does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Possibly. Much more info is needed. Go to an experienced persoanl injury attorney in your area ASAP. He or she can review your paperwork and advise you accordingly. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

Contact a car accident attorney for a meeting to go over all possible coverages.

A local personal injury lawyer should review all the insurance coverage.

Unfortunately, the minimum amount of coverage in California for multiple claimaints in one single incident is $30,000. You may want to hire an attorney to run an asset check of the defendant and, if they have appreciable assets that could be sought by way of a judgment, you may want to ask them to contribute some additional funds as a condition for settlement. A personal injury attorney could assist you with this process.

Nothing in this communication should be construed as creating an attorney client relationship. This is for informational purposes only. Attorney will take no action on your behalf unless and until a written retainer agreement is signed. There are strict time deadlines on filing claims and, as such, you are advised to consult with and retain an attorney immediately to file such claims timely or you will lose any right to recovery. Any testimonials or endorsements should not be construed as a guarantee, warranty or prediction of the outcome of your case.

In addition to the policy limits of the at-fault driver, there are several other sources that an experienced personal injury attorney could explore, including whether the owner of the defendant's vehicle had auto insurance, whether the driver was acting in the course and scope of employment or as an agent of another at the time of the accident, whether the defendant has other assets, and your own auto policy that may have underinsured motorist coverage if greater than the defendant's policy limits. This is a complicated area of the law, and I would strongly advise you to contact an experienced personal injury and let him/her review your policy.

Answering your inquiry does not establish an attorney-client relationship. California law requires that the potential client and the attorney enter into a written retainer agreement. Moreover, additional or different facts may affect or change the general legal response offered. Therefore, the attorney makes no warranty of the accuracy or applicability of any of the information that he may provide in this response.