My FA priority date is November 3 , 2010 , when it will be current ?

Philadelphia, PA |

What family category are you in?

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

F2A

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

It is already current.

oh really?? but i already submitted to forms to them, but they sent me back all the forms that i submitted to them.they said" based on the info you provided. your priority date does not appear to be current. please refer to the Visa Bulletin published monthly by U.S department"

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

You probably submitted the forms to the USCIS prior to Friday, March 1st.

i don't get what you mean sir. would you mine to explain it to me.please

Ralf D. Wiedemann

Ralf D. Wiedemann

What Attorney Shusterman means is that your priority date was not current on the February Visa Bulletin, but it is current on the March Visa Bulletin. If you read the March Visa Bulletin when it was released in February, and immediately sent in your application forms, then you submitted them too early. Only if your forms are received in March 2013 can the government accept them. If this is what happened to you (you submitted your forms in February 2013 and they were rejected), then submit them again now (since it is now March and your priority date is current).

Do you mean F-2A (spouse of Legal Permanent Resident)? The current processing times are 2 years. Look at the priority date of your I-130 immigrant visa petition and then compare it to the Visa Bulletin. The date on your receipt must fall on or before the current priority date of your F-2A category. There is no telling when it exactly will be current approximately 2 years but also depending what country your from.

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Good answer

yes i meant F2a visa.and my priority date is November 3 2010 and my receipt date is november 4 2010

I am unsure which family based category you are referring to, also your country of origin is need to make an accurate measure.

Unfortunately no one can tell you with any certainty how long a particular category will take to become current. The best way to get a feel for how fast your category is moving is by looking at older versions of the Visa Bulletin, which is published monthly online. Below is a link to the current Visa Bulletin... http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5885.html

Representing clients throughout the US and around the world: www.PogueImmigrationLaw.com (513) 549-4420. We cannot provide legal advice or recommendations unless you retain our law firm to represent you. No attorney/client relationship will begin until you sign a representation agreement and make a retainer payment to open a case with us. Any information found here is general in nature and should not be relied upon in individual cases.

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Good answer

F2A

Christopher Michael Pogue

Christopher Michael Pogue

It would appear then that based on the current Visa Bulletin the petition is now current. Congrats! You should consult with an attorney to determine whether you can Adjust Status here in the US or if Consular Processing in your home country is a better option.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

You actually should do it ASAP. Your life. There are plenty in Philadelphia and as if there were not enough, NYC is not far way.

Christopher Michael Pogue

Christopher Michael Pogue

Sounds like there is an error somewhere. It sounds like you do need to consult with someone to get things on track and to prevent further delay.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

I am sorry. You misunderstood me. My bad. Sorry again. I was following my colleague advice and told you that you need to contact an immigration attorney sooner rather than later not USCIS.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

USCIS oftentimes operates in its mysterious ways. Mostly it has to do with sometimes poor training of the mailroom personnel. After all, they are the ones who sent it mack with those kinds of annotations. Immigration attorney can follow up on this and make sure they will accept your correctly filed, but otherwise rejected applications.

so what is your advise? should i resubmit my applications to USCIS again??

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

I was following my colleague advice and told you that you need to contact an immigration attorney sooner rather than later

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

this is my advice.

but the thing is that they didn't said anything about my application is error or anything.they just said that my priority date does not appear to be current. thank for your advice though.

I agree with my colleagues.

www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.

Recommended articles about Immigration