My extended STEM OPT expires end of Jan and I did not make the H1B lottery in 2013. What are my options for an H1B in 2014?

Atlanta, GA |

Here is my situation
-Graduated with an MS in CS from the US in 2011. OPT extension ends jan 2014
-currently employed with company X
-Planning to switch companies
-My fiancé is on H1b

I have conducted some amount of research on my situation and have arrived at the following options. I would love to obtain your advice to help guide me through this
1) Should I Get on another F1 by Jan and work part time on CPT while my company (current or new) applies for my H1 in April 2014
2) Should I Get married to my Fiancé in Jan and convert to H4 till the company sponsors my H4 to H1B COS
3) Is it easier to a change from F1 to H1B or from H4?
4) Should I find an employer that has offices in my home country and US and go back home from Feb to Oct
Other options? Thanks in advance

1. Maybe, talk to your foreign student adviser
2. Sure, if you want
3. No difference
4. If you want

Other? Spend money on a private consultation.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Mr. Capriotti gave you a good set of answers I agree with him completely.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

keep an eye on immigration reform and how it will effect H1B lottery if approved...

Recommended articles about Employment