My ex wife to be is vindictive, lying, harassing, and destructive.what can I do to stop her?

Denver, CO |
Filed under: Divorce

My divorce is going on for over a year now.I filed for divorce due to abuse and lies I put up with for 10 yrs.I also reunited with the love of my high school sweet heart.I wanted to be happy and my three kids shouldn't grow up with parents who fight and yell non stop.but now my life couldn't be worse.Mostly because of my new love who has tolerated horrible harrassment,slander,property damage, false accusations and more, she wants to hurt me any way she and can to get revenge or get me back and hurt my girlfriend.I've lost the kids temporarily, she hasand alienated myby kids .I've been put in contempt and possible charges for selling assets.all lies.I don't have a lawyer anymore cause I ran out of money.what can I do?

When you are representing yourself, you are at a tremendous disadvantage. No attorney will be able to make this process easy or make your ex a kind, polite woman, but you need competent representation if you are going to be able to obtain the best results.

If your children are important to you, you need to hire an attorney. If you are indigent, you can contact Colorado Legal Services or Metro Volunteer Lawyers and seek representation based on charity. You can find contact information for both organizations on my website.

You can reach Harkess & Salter LLC at (303) 531-5380 or Stephen Harkess is an attorney licensed in the state and federal courts of Colorado. This answer is for general information only and does not create an attorney client relationship between Stephen Harkess or Harkess & Salter LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.

I agree, you need a lawyer.

If you can't afford "full representation" which is probably what you tried before (it is very expensive) you can also get help in a limited way. Some attorneys sell "unbundled" or "limited" legal services where you pay for just what you need and can afford. For example, some attorneys will prepare letters for you to sign, legal documents, or sell the paperwork for the court filings; then you can proceed on your own, but knowing that your paperwork is correct and having a road map as to how to proceed. Or who will attend a hearing for a flat fee even if they are not handling the whole case. Neighborhood Law Office is such a firm.

Also, you said property damage. If your ex destroys or damages something, call the police and report the crime. If she screams and calls names on the telephone, buy a small recorder and record all the calls, keep voice mails, keep texts. Sent the texts to an email account and print them. Record the voice mails onto your recorder so that you don't lose them. This information will be very important as evidence during an eventual hearing on parenting time and custody.

You say you "lost custody temporarily". This is odd, unless there is a criminal or abuse issue with you. You cannot sell assets of the marriage. You should have a lawyer attend any contempt hearing.

At Neighborhood Law Office we never charge for an initial consultation, and at that meeting we can go through your specific facts and give you options. Please call us anytime for an appointment.

Thanks, Jim

Jim Underhill
Neighborhood Law Office
7225 E. Hampden Ave.
Denver, CO 80224
303-302-1001 fax

NOTICE— This answer is based upon a partial understanding of the facts and may not be relied upon as legal advice. It does not create an attorney client relationship between the writer and the attorney. It is provided for general information. You should always consult an attorney about your important legal rights.

Mr Harkness is right. Try Mr. Underhill's suggestion. You are at a serious disadvantage without a competent family law lawyer.

Having a relationship always starts out as a journey in paradise till someone tries to end it and then all hell breaks loose.

I am going to blunt and frank here. Your ex is what you have helped her to become ans the same for her as to what you have become. It takes TWO to Tango. There is no "innocent' party in a dissolution of marriage case.

It is an extereme rarity for someone to be toallay innocent in a dsissolution of marriage or realtionship. We all have selective memory when it suits our purpose.

Do not be offended by straight talk.

All the Best.

No attorney client relationship is established or intended. Contact a local lawyer for specificity as to the facts in your case. This is for general information only. Check our website for more information as to disclaimers and information herein. I have taken no action on your problem other than to review your question nor have I given any legal advise. I want to confirm that no attorney-client relationship has been created between myself or our firm and you in connection with this matter, and that nothing in this response is legal advice to you. As you may know, the legislature and the courts can change the law in ways that may affect the strength of your case. In addition, the circumstances of your case may change. Because we do not represent you, we cannot keep track of, and inform you about, any change in the law. I must warn you that there are time limits for raising certain claims and defenses. Without taking more time to review your case, this firm nor its attorney (s) cannot properly advise about those deadlines. You may lose your claims and defenses if they are not filed in court within the time allowed. I would advise you to retain the services of an attorney as soon as possible.

Recommended articles about Divorce