My ex-wife is trying everything to get her green card and has asked her friends who have never seen me to write malicious things

Asked 12 months ago - San Francisco, CA

about my character. I was just shocked about some of the things they wrote about me. The wife did use me to get her green card, and her desperate lies now through friends further proves this to me. What can I do to protect myself in this case only in regard to the USCIS. I want the USCIS to know that the people who have written these things about me do not even know me let alone to be witnesses to anything. I am working against her green card by notifying the USCIS and she knows this, so I feel like she is intensifying the character damage of me to show that I was some type of a monster and a psycho. I would like to get some advice please and would want to know if I should write to those people very polite letters just refuting their claims and also underlying the fact that we have never

even met for them to be an expert of who I am. They all also live in far away states. The reason why I would like to do this is to response and refute their so-called witness affidavits against me for court purposes, and to also attach my response to their garbage letters and send it straight to the USCIS by including a cover letter saying that her false T.R.O. was dismissed by the judge (provide the dismissal) and to also say that I was defamed by all these people whom I have never met in life with all these things claimed about me. I am sure that the same witness reports will eventually end up with the USCIS for the removal of i751 so this way I will show my side of the story as a response to those people and the USCIS will get to hear both sides. I am in need of useful advices please.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

14

1

Answered . If you believe that your ex-wife committed fraud to obtain her green card, you can report this to the USCIS.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

Pro

5

1

Answered . If you believe she has been committing immigration fraud - contact ICE. They have contact information for reporting immigration fraud listed on their website. If you believe she has been committing a crime, contact district or US attorney office immediately and report. If you believe that you are being libeled, contact an attorney practicing this type of law and explose a potential of suing those people for damages.

3. John Robert Egan

Pro

2

Answered . People often act badly when relationships break down. This bad behavior gets worse when one partner believes that they are required to prove fault in the relationship in order to preserve their status in the country they have now made their home. There is no legal requirement to defame your ex in order to keep your green card, and there are very workable alternatives to "going to war" over the separation process. Go see an experienced immigration attorney and ask about the "Good Faith Marriage Exemption" and you will find out that you and your ex can de-escalate the crisis and work towards a mutual "win-win" solution.
    Of course, there are people who prefer fighting. They are welcome to the fate they create for themselves.

4. Anthony Emeka Nze Nwosu

2

Answered . Write a detailed letter to the USCIS explaining the situation, and offer to testify should need be.