My ex wife has been assigned an 18b lawyer as a petitioner how do i ask the court to remove the free 18b lawyer I AM PRO SE

Asked over 1 year ago - West Hempstead, NY

my ex wife has been assigned an 18b lawyer and she is the petitioner and she has assets in value of more that 200 to 500K she is asking the court to modify her child support due me and the 2nd dept syn appeals court just made a decision and order for her to pay she is asking the family court to modify it from 620 to 25 $

the appeals court said her case had no merit for reduced child support on jan 30 2013 based on her being mentally ill the appeals court denied her motion and she is asking the family court to lower it to 25 a month and now says she is depressed more that before

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

4

8

Answered . I concurr with attonrey Rothstein, ask the court to have her prove her financial condition. take care.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

4

Best Answer

Answered . Have your lawyer request to see the financials of your ex wife. If the judge assigned an 18B lawyer improperly, then maybe it can be rescinded.

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

6

Answered . I doubt you have standing on whether she gets an 18b lawyer but you can ask the court to have her show financial proof that she needs/qualifies for assigned counsel. I believe this is fairly common is Family Court.