My ex wife car was spray painted and sohe is going around telling people it was me. What should I do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Buffalo, NY

I didn't do it, so what should I do?

Pro

4

Answered . Buy some earmuffs and ignore it. If you must do something, you could pay a local lawyer a couple hundred bucks to write a cease and desist letter, although it could fuel the fire. Obviously, a defamation lawsuit would costs thousands more than would be recovered.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Thomas J Callahan

2

Answered . Let it go. Unless her false allegation is causing you financial damage, there is no case. Slander needs liability (the false claim) + damages to you (someone believes her and causes adverse fiinancial consequences to you). If she somehow brings you to small claims court for a damage claim, hire or at least talk to an attorney to help with your defense. If she brings a criminal complaint, definitely hire a lawyer.

3. Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

2

Answered . As Mr. Callahan said, if that is all she is doing, let it go. Depending on when she claims that the act was committed, if you can prove you were not in the area of her car at the time, that should be all that you should be prepared for if she tries to take it any farther. Sooner or later, she hopefully will run out of steam.