Skip to main content

My ex wife called police during our exchanges even we have supervisor to monitor exchanges, she had restraing order against me

San Diego, CA |

my ex wife has RESTRAINING ORDER AGAINST ME, but during vistitation and exchanges, we have MONITOR to supervise our exchanges and thats the court order, EITHER MY AUNTIE OR MY UNCLE WILL DO THE SUPERVISE EXCHANGE During exchanges and court granted it. during exchanges Our meeting place is inside the KFC RESTAURANT, I WAS inside to do the exchange, my ex wife was there too, My auntie and I arrive first in KFC, my ex wife arrive with our daughter, then she hand the child to my aunite instead on me. then my ex wife called a police for me during the exchanges for no reason, she used the reason that she has restraining order against me, the police officer arrive reah her order and get my side then police ignored her and understand the order that i can show up in exchanges as soon theres monitor

in the restraing court order "EXCEPTIONS: Brief and peaceful contact with the person 1 (ex wife) and peaceful contact with children in 3 as required for court ordered visitation of children, is allowed unless a criminal protective order says otherwise. what is my advantage? is she gonna look bad at the court because she dis respect out exchanging and also she dis respect our own child because of calling a police for no reason? she wana make drama, and called police, instead she hand the child to me and just leave, what she did she stayed outside the kfc and called the police for me. what is her intention on me? thats why we have monitor supervisor in exchanges, whats should I do? is she gonna look bad to the judge beause it seems look like she disrespect the order and also she create drama to the front of our child

Attorney Answers 3


I'm afraid it's a bit hard to understand you, and it's not clear what the question is here. (Please see this Guide: .) If you're facing a criminal charge, you need to consult in private with a criminal defense attorney immediately. You have the right to be appointed an attorney, at taxpayer expense, if you can't afford one. Until you talk to your own lawyer in private, do not discuss this with anyone. That especially includes the police. If they want to talk to you, you must say only that you want to consult with an attorney and don't want to answer any questions. Do not say anything more than that. Do not try to tell your side of the story. You will get yourself in trouble.

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: | Online:

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


The restraining order can be used as a weapon by someone...even a former victim.

If you have a restraining order the key is to adhere to its terms. If you get in trouble, speak to an attorney. Disobeying a court order is a charge they love to issue.

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Both of the above attorneys are correct, you need to seek counsel

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics