My ex-Wife and I got divorced when my Daughter was 2, We had joint custody and she hasn 't visited, talked, supported her in 11y

Asked over 2 years ago - Jacksonville, FL

she hasn't enteracted at all with her in 11 yrs. how can I get her perental right taken away, incase my Daughter decides she wants her step mother to adopt her?

1. Juna Madray Pulayya

1

Answered . The easiest way to begin the process of the child’s stepmother adopting the child is to obtain consent from the child’s mother. However, if consent cannot be obtained the adoption by a stepparent is still possible but you will have to jump through more hoops to get to the ultimate goal. This is a situation I highly advise you seek the advice of an attorney or inquire whether legal aid may be able to assist you.

JMP Law, P.A.
    Juna M. Pulayya
    www.jmplawyer.com
    junior@jmplawyer.com

2. Kristopher Robert Reilly

Answered . Mr. Pulayya's answer is directly on point. The simplest way to commence the adoption is to obtain consent from the biological mother. If consent cannot be obtained, the adoption is still possible but much more involved and complicated. If you have any further questions, feel free to call my firm, we will provide you with a free 20 minute TELEPHONE consultation.