My ex-Wife and I got divorced when my Daughter was 2, We had joint custody and she hasn 't visited, talked, supported her in 11y

Jacksonville, FL |

she hasn't enteracted at all with her in 11 yrs. how can I get her perental right taken away, incase my Daughter decides she wants her step mother to adopt her?

1. The easiest way to begin the process of the child’s stepmother adopting the child is to obtain consent from the child’s mother. However, if consent cannot be obtained the adoption by a stepparent is still possible but you will have to jump through more hoops to get to the ultimate goal. This is a situation I highly advise you seek the advice of an attorney or inquire whether legal aid may be able to assist you.

JMP Law, P.A.
    Juna M. Pulayya
    www.jmplawyer.com
    junior@jmplawyer.com

Legal disclaimer: This response does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should not use, interpret, or rely on this response as legal advice or opinion. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely on advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about my qualifications and experience. Transmission of the information in this web site is not intended to create, and receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

2. Mr. Pulayya's answer is directly on point. The simplest way to commence the adoption is to obtain consent from the biological mother. If consent cannot be obtained, the adoption is still possible but much more involved and complicated. If you have any further questions, feel free to call my firm, we will provide you with a free 20 minute TELEPHONE consultation.

TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A CONSULTATION CALL 904-309-8461 NOTHING IN THIS ANSWER IS INTENDED TO CREATE AN ATTORNEY/CLIENT RELATIONSHIP NOR SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A SUBSTITUTE FOR AN IN PERSON CONSULTATION WITH AN ATTORNEY/THIS ANSWER IS NOT INTENDED TO BE TAKEN AS LEGAL ADVICE, ALL PARTIES POSTING QUESTIONS ARE HIGHLY ADVISED TO IMMEDIATELY SEEK COUNSEL TO REMEDY THEIR LEGAL PROBLEMS