My ex was ordered to pay child support but never has. my kids are now over the age of 18 . can a persstill get bac child supp

Madras, OR |

he.has never paid and.now he's on social security desablity

1. Child support arrears accrued after children grow up are still owed, yes. It might be possible to garnish disability payments for child support, but the payments will necessarily be rather low. He can't be garnished for more than 25% of his monthly income, or be left with less than $936 a month (that's for working full-time; different limits may apply for SSD. You should consult with an attorney with experience in support collections.).

Please read the following notice: <br> <br> Jay Bodzin is licensed to practice law in the State of Oregon and the Federal District of Oregon, and cannot give advice about the laws of other jurisdictions. All comments on this site are intended for informational purposes only, and do not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. No posts or comments on this site are in any way confidential. Each case is unique. You are advised to have counsel at all stages of any legal proceeding, and to speak with your own lawyer in private to get advice about your specific situation. <br> <br> Jay Bodzin, Northwest Law Office, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-227-0965 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: jay@northwestlawoffice.com | Online: www.northwestlawoffice.com

Child support topics