Skip to main content

My ex that lives in Florida has illegally charged my bank card with many online purchases please help the cops will not

Brooktondale, NY |

My ex took my debit card information back to Florida with him after I kick him out my house he have bought a phone with minutes purchase made on amazon and many more over $500 bucks worth. Cops in my county in NY and The cops in his county in Florida will not help He needs to get arrested as I am a single mother of three kids as I was saving money for them for the summer. and now he is walking around with a free phone and as of yesterday he was texting to me on it saying oh you will get your money back and so forth than changed his number after I said I am going to my bank for a summery and to the police. please help with any advice you could give me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Cancel your credit card and report it stolen to the credit card company. Hopefully they will reverse the charges. You cannot force the police to make an arrest.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been handling criminal defense and personal injury cases for over 17 years. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails, is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer