Skip to main content

My ex stole my dog in oregon and i am trying to get in front of a judge and request a writ of possession

Reno, NV |

if and when i get the writ i will need to file in the state of alabama for a wtit of replevin along with a motion to request to be present by telephone also a motion aginst consealment or removal from jurisdiction or transfer to a innocent buyer diddent have any luck with the court in oregon they gave me the run around how do i need to go about this ? i do not want to go to small claims and only get a monatary settlement i want my property back it is a class c felony in oregon to steal a companion dog and she has crossed state lines with stolen property can you help ?

Attorney Answers 2


You need to deal with this in the state where it happened.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Have you reported the crime? You should talk with a local attorney about this.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,

Mark as helpful

Real estate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics