My ex-spouse committed adultery with a co-worker/vendor during a business weekend trip, how do I recover expenses billed to me?

Nashville, TN |

My now ex-wife Maria was sent to Dallas,TX for a Sat morning event that ended at noon for Nissan Motors North America and Parents Step UP PR philanthropic event. She over stayed from Friday 5/18 to Sunday 5/20/2012. On first and second night Maria engaged in sex with copywriter Ernesto, a vendor and subaltern from DA (that also has Nissan as client) that that wife was supposed to "supervise" and she would talk on the phone with him everyday while at Team Ignition in Nashville, TN. I know this because Maria had also the poor judgement of charging lovers car parking fee and hers to her hotel room, and paid that with my own card! plus she admitted having sex with co-worker in her divorce deposition. How to contact her employer to recover my $ w/o
vindic

Identifying these individuals by name is a violation of this site's terms of use.
Your facts are irrelevant to the legal recovery you seek, and the amounts at issue for parking fees make even small claims court "expensive".

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

I hope in between the two cheaters and the 3 companies involved they could gathered $75 that were mine and were spent in their own agenda projects... All I want is to recover my money by sending them a letter: The companies are not aware of the fraternization and the cheaters do not want to submit an expense of 4 cars parking for only two nights that Maria stayed in Dallas on 5/18-20/2012. It can't be that the law will protect the policy breakers, the cheaters while not wanting to pay a legitimate charge that Maria does not want to present to her employer Team Ignition.

Ditto on using actual names. If she is now an "ex" spouse, the time for collecting those costs from her or her employer has past as your divorce decree likely declares your financial ties to be severed. Move forward, don't look back, and live well.

Maria moved forward, I got her this job, I quit mine and relocated here, we bought a house only 3 months before her adultery and immediate divorce communicated to me long distance, over the phone, while dinning w co-worker/lover, and guess who forward the money for down payment for the home she so wanted? I do not get it. divorce was finalized. I did not know I was paying for Maria's lover valet car parking expense until now. I think that SOB should pay for his car parking if he wants to fool around with married women, and above all if Ernesto Fernandez does not want to pay for his car parking, either Nissan North America (client) or Team Ignition (Maria A. di Fonzo's employer should pay for it. After all it was an over the weekend trip and they paid for everything else (dinners, extra day hotel room, etc. as a business expense). Actually they are enablers of opportunity and place and on top they paid for sat night and Sunday hotel and meals when there was no more "work" to do. Why me, the cheated husband will have to pay for my now ex-wife cover up to break employer's policy and compromise Client agency relationship? If it wasn't business Maria A. di Fonzo should have paid it with her own CC. (not mine) and if it was business either Nissan or Team Ignition should pay for the supervisor/subaltern when they pay for the hotel where the sex happens when work is finished. This is very unfair. It can't be that now I have to protect an adulterous wife at the expense of her employer and client Nissan having their business compromised by this breach of trust and break of company policy. Why do I have to protect the cheaters when I myself and most people uphold good work ethics?

I agree with the other two lawyers. In addition, I do not see any rationale for recovering anything from her employer. Moreover, I wonder about your motives for posting this inquiry, and I caution you that you might be exposing yourself to liability by using actual names of identifiable individuals. This forum is public.

These comments do not constitute legal advice. They are general comments on the circumstances presented, and may not be applicable to your situation. For legal advice on which you may rely consult your own lawyer.

Have we become afraid of the truth? As a society should we protect the privacy of cheaters and transgressors at the expense of the public commitments like loyalty to employer and clients, just for our own safety? Should we then not critic the government for fear of our own safety? What kind of apathy are you encouraging?

Arnold Garson Cohen

Arnold Garson Cohen

You posted an inquiry seeking legal guidance, but now you have shifted the ground. Criticize the government all you like, but when you attack the character and reputation of individuals, you are inviting legal retribution. Punishment of transgressors and cheaters in our legal system is best left to the civil and criminal courts and not to individuals who set themselves up as judge, jury, and punisher.

Arnold, I do appreciate your feedback. Thank you. Again, no attack from my part. I know who I am and who has breach the trust of employment, marriage, and who committed fraud for getting a US residency. Just in case it was not clear: my question was about how to recover my $ that I did not spend but that was spent in a "business for Nissan" by a guy and an ex-wife to cheat on their employers and my marriage with my credit card without me knowing about it and hiding it from me and their employment.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Recommended articles about Divorce