My ex refuses to take our child to school. What can I do?

Tucson, AZ |

We have one child in special education public school Kindergarten. I have the primary decision making power and he didn't object to the school. My ex has 2 overnight visitations every other week during the week. He has to bring him to me in the morning so I can take our son to school and I drop him back off that evening. I will out of town for work next month and I told him two months ahead of time. He says he can't take our son to school due to his work schedule so he is leaving our son with a friend and refusing to take him to school. Is there anything I can to enforce this now? Going back to court takes months.

1. If there is anything in your Parenting Agreement calling for a Parenting Coordinator you can get in touch with that person. Or you could see if the father is willing to discuss this with a mediator. Otherwise it is hard to say without reading your Parenting Agreement or Parenting Orders, and given this came up due to you having to travel I am unsure how sympathetic the Court might be. Going forward you might want to learn about Parenting Coordinators if you don't already have one and consider that for quick turn-around decisions.

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS INTENDED AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY. IT IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE, NOR IS IT INTENDED TO BE RELIED UPON AS SUCH, AND IS NOT INTENDED TO ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. IF YOU HAVE A LEGAL QUESTION, CONSULT WITH AN EXPERIENCED ATTORNEY.

2. You an seek a parenting coordinator or go back to court and make new orders asking that he drop the child off at school, if he wants the visits, he can arrange his schedule accordingly you have a life too. take care and don't let him push you around.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

3. Both attorneys provided excellent answers. From a practical point of view, you might look into a child care service to bring your child to school and then ask the Court to allocate these expenses. Good luck.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.

Child custody topics