My ex refuses to give me copies from the subpoenas she has issued. Can she do this?

Chicago, IL |

My ex subpoenaed documents from my bank, my wife's bank, my step-child's school and several other places. She refuses to provided the documents via email or fax. Further she now refuses to provided them because in her last email "they are your documents concerning you so you should already have copies direct from the people". Can she refuse to supply them to me? The documents subpoenaed is a spectrum from bank accounts to an attorney for a traffic ticket.

This is not the second time, as the first said she wanted to charge a fee - NOW SHE JUST REFUSES TO GIVE COPIES. - SHE IS A LAWYER! Funny how she is doing everything opposite of what everyone is telling me. If someone cares to take this case on pro-bono GREAT as I have exceed $500,000 in fees and can no longer afford an attorney.

1. I think you asked this question a day or so ago. Has this case been going on for 7 years or so? IIf not, someone else has the exact same problem as you.

Anyway, you should be working with a lawyer who knows how to handle this stuff. It seems you're both going it alone and you're create more problems for yourselves than you're solving. Why do you wish to drive yourself crazy trying to 1) be a lawyer when you're not and 2) fight your ex-wife on technical, legal points?

Anyway, my answer is the same: you need to work with a lawyer and read the Illinois Supreme Court Rules; specifically 201, 204, and 219.

Questions? Call -- 312-498-3881 -- no charge, no obligation free consultation.

2. This is at least the second time you have asked this question and the answer remains the same. You are gong round and round because you do not know what is and is not proper procedure, or even if you have options or should have objected to the issuance of those subpoenas. Hire a lawyer and get this mess straightened out.

3. no. she cannot. but you do not know how to fix it and your lawyer will. read the rules wes told you about. get a lawyer.