Skip to main content

My ex quick claimed his interest in a property to me and is recorded. His daughter now wants a copy of my deed is it ok to give

Woodland Hills, CA |

was with the gentleman for 17 years and took care of him

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Although I note you are in California, if the law is similar to that in New York, what you are referring to is a "quitclaim deed". You stated that the Deed is recorded so as such, it is now a public record and is readily accessible by anyone as being a "public record". So while his daughter may easily obtain a copy of the recorded Deed directly herself without the need for your intecession, you can, easily enough, provide her with a copy as a courtesy in that you will be providing her with nothing more than she can readily obtain herself from the local Recorder's Office.

  2. Yes, just give to her. You are not giving away anything to her. Edward C. Ip

    No attorney / client relationship established. The answr is for discussion and general information only. The lawyer had not reviewed any documents or contract prior to the above comments.

  3. Not a problem, it is already public record.

    Choosing the right attorney in a particular matter is an important decision that requires personal interaction with an attorney. Please be advised that NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP is intended or created by any communication initiated as a result of visiting this site. Unless and until an attorney-client relationship is created via a written, signed agreement, any advice provided herein may not be protected as privileged or confidential information.

  4. Since the quit claim deed was recorded with the County, it is now public record. You will be fine if you give her a copy.

Real estate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics