My ex quick claimed his interest in a property to me and is recorded. His daughter now wants a copy of my deed is it ok to give

Asked almost 2 years ago - Woodland Hills, CA

was with the gentleman for 17 years and took care of him

1. Vincent J. Gallo

8

Answered . Although I note you are in California, if the law is similar to that in New York, what you are referring to is a "quitclaim deed". You stated that the Deed is recorded so as such, it is now a public record and is readily accessible by anyone as being a "public record". So while his daughter may easily obtain a copy of the recorded Deed directly herself without the need for your intecession, you can, easily enough, provide her with a copy as a courtesy in that you will be providing her with nothing more than she can readily obtain herself from the local Recorder's Office.

2. Chi Leung Ip

4

Answered . Yes, just give to her. You are not giving away anything to her. Edward C. Ip www.lawyer4property.com

3. Albert Siu

3

Answered . Not a problem, it is already public record.

4. Annie Ventocilla

3

Answered . Since the quit claim deed was recorded with the County, it is now public record. You will be fine if you give her a copy.