Skip to main content

My Ex posted an explicit video of me on Facebook

Duluth, GA |

So me and my ex went through a really bad break up recently and she posted a video of myself masturbating on Facebook using my account. Unfortunately I have moved out of the country (She is in the US and I'm over here in Asia) and I can't seem to do much from over here. What is there that I can do from so far away?

Edit: We are both adults, and I can be seen in the video nodding to her asking me if I liked being recorded. Does that mean I gave her permission to use that video?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Notify Facebook immediately of the unauthorized access/breach of you account and have it taken down. Changing your password would also be a great idea.

If this Answer was of assistance please mark it as "helpful." Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.



Everything on my account has been changed. I can't gain access to it. :/

Brian C. Pascale

Brian C. Pascale


Contact Facebook



Would I not be able to take legal action on her?


Contact Facebook. You can try contacting the police where she lives, but since you gave permission for the video and she recorded it (therefore owns copyright) I am not sure they will be much help. If you didn't give her permission to use your Facebook account, that in and of itself would be illegal so you can bring that up to the police as well.

I am licensed in Pennsylvania. Members of my firm are licensed in various states, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. We handle cases involving personal injury (car accidents slip and falls, etc.,) medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, workers' compensation and social security disability. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance.


Access your account and remove the video, then change your password.

I am an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of California. Unless we have both signed a formal retainer agreement, you are not my client, and my discussion of issues does not constitute legal advice. Opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of those who hold other opinions.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer