My ex pays me around $1000 less child support and spousal support per month due to Disso-master calculations.

Asked over 2 years ago - San Marcos, CA

it lower my child support , while it benefits payee retirment ages. Is there anyway I can get that money back or I get credit for it on his retirment? I am in the early stages of legal separation/divorce and really need that support until I can find a job and boost my education in order to gain my standard of living back. Please give me full advice

Attorney answers (2)

  1. 6

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You really need to sit down with an attorney and have a consultation. This is at least the second time you have tried to ask this question and it still does not make sense. There is no way to advise you if we cannot understand the question. At least meet with an attorney so he/she can find out what you are trying to accomplish.

    Michael is in San Jose, California and can be reached at 408-295-4232 or at Consultation... more
  2. 2

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Speaking with an attorney in person does wonders for clearing up questions. Seek a consult with a local attorney.

    Best of luck to you.

    Attorney Rebekah Ryan Main – visit us on the web at or call 909-891-0906 to set up a consultation.

    If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated.

    This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice, does not create an attorney/client relationship and does not create a right to continuing email exchanges.

    This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice, does not... more

Related Topics


Alimony is the regular monetary allowance one ex-spouse may be required to pay the other after a divorce.

Howard M Lewis

Paying Alimony (Spousal Support)

Alimony, also known as maintenance or spousal support, refers to payments made by one spouse to the other after a couple divorces. These payments are for living expenses and/or child... more

Determining child support payments

State laws differ in how to determine child support, but usually consider factors like the child's needs (educational, medical, etc.) and both parents' incomes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,752 answers this week

3,719 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,752 answers this week

3,719 attorneys answering