My ex moved to GA.I live in TN., I want to move to TX. What are my chances of winning relocation when he doesnt even live in TN?

Asked about 2 years ago - Clarksville, TN

I am primary custodial parent. he moved first. i have family in TX. I am also pregnant and have hyperthyroidism making me a high risk pregnancy . I am remarried he is single soldier in GA.He is opposing my relocation to TX but he lives in GA and doesnt even live in TN.

1. Lauren Wilson Castles

Pro

Answered . The Relocation Statute in TN states that you must give him 60 days' notice with your intent to move, location of new residence, reason for the move and that he can file a petition in opposition to the move within 30 days of receiving the notice. Send him notice via certified mail so you know when his 30 days begins. The court will allow you to move. However, if they find you are moving for an unreasonable purpose, the court could consider a change of custody. Given that he is already in Georgia, his case is weaker. Did he give you notice before relocating to Georgia?