My ex married a convicted felon and she has primary placement of our son. Anything I can do?

Asked over 1 year ago - Two Rivers, WI

Her new husband is a 4 time convicted felon who has habitual charges on his record for possession and possession with intent to sell multiple kinds of drugs including MDMA and Meth. My son is living in the same household as this man, and I feel extremely uncomfortable with this. Is there anything I can do to change this situation?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Tajara Dommershausen


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . yes, file a motion to modify placement alleging a substantial change of circumstances

    In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does... more
  2. Ethan Patrick Meaney


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should try positing this question in the family law section to get answers to your question. Good luck.

    This is not intended as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship exists because of this response.
  3. Derek Anthony Patrin


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you have any hope to change this situation, it will be with the help of a very good family law attorney. Use this website to speak with a number of qualified candidates, then retain one that works regularly in the court where your challenge will be filed.

Related Topics


The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

Child Custody

Child custody involves decisions about who will be responsible for a child, including parental rights, for both married and unmarried parents, and adoptions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,046 answers this week

2,245 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,046 answers this week

2,245 attorneys answering