My ex made a False Allegations of Child Sexual Abuse to DCFS, Can I get a copy of the report and of the interview?

Asked almost 4 years ago - East Moline, IL

The report was not founded atleast that is what DCFS said. The reason I want to get a copy of that report is 1. I had a court order stating that I could take our children to KY to meet my new wifes family. And my ex wife made the false report in order to stop me from taking our children on the trip 2. I am filing a contempt of court and have a hearing date in the first part of june. For the contempt of court a motion to stop my ex from moving out of the area and to stop name change. And also because I am asking for 50/50 custody. I need a copy of the report to prove what she is willing to do and to put our children though in order to get what she wants. What do I have to do to get a copy of the report and the interview? DCFS hotline took the report

All I want to know is if me (The father of my children) can get a copy of the DCFS report and the interview that was done with my son? that my ex wife made that was not founded it was a false allegation of sexual abuse. I was just saying why I want a copy. I don't need any help with the rest I already have that part taken care of. I am not wanting to use the report to get custody it is for the contemp of court. She made the false report just to stop me from taking our children to KY ( Which I have a court order stating that I could take them) That is what I need the report for.

1. David Matthew Gotzh

Answered . This question screams "I need the entire casefile before I dare utter one sentence of advice." Why? A lot of stuff is going on, and I don't want to steer you wrong (Nor would any other attorney on here).

That said, you'll be better served by taking the file to a local family law attorney in your area. Issues as high stakes as custody are best left to attorneys who been in front of your county judge's firsthand and know their quirks.

2. Kristy Gosteli

Answered . You can get the report from DCFS, but it won't do you any good because it's unfounded, and the law is that no one from DCFS will be allowed to testify as to the contents of the report, including the interview. What you can do is get an attorney who can explain to you how that report is not going to be enough to win you custody.

3. Kristy Gosteli