My Ex lied on the divorce papers by not combining her mothers income who pays half her bills . judge awarded 698mo. Help!!

Lake Wales, FL |

She put down that she pays all the bills on her samll salary 30,000 thats not including cash tips not reported. We agreed on 450 because i cant aford the 698. Now Im remarrying and have 2 more children to support. My kids are with me 3 days a week and i dont know if i should file for a change in circumstantce or fight for full custody which id prefer , but at the same time I dont want to take her children away from her just cause shes GREEDY.

You need to have a recalculation of child support done and an attorney evaluation of your case done to determine whether you meet the burden of changed circumstances for a downward modification. Asking for custody just because you want to stop paying child support particular if the mother is not otherwise unqualified is not a valid reason as so many other factors need to be considered under the statute.

I would meet with an attorney to figure out the best course of action. The fact that you have more children 2 support is not her problem, however. Good luck.

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

The mother of your ex is not responsible for your children and her income will not (under Law) be considered in determining child support.

I agree with Ms. Jones. Also the fact that you are remarrying does not affect the situation. That is your choice. If you have more children to support because of a remarriage, you knew that when you chose to remarry. The only break the law will give you is if you take on a second job specifically to support any children born to you and your new wife, that income may be exempted.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******